Lawyers from Tilleke & Gibbins’ labor and employment team have written the Vietnam chapter of Practical Law’s Employment and Employee Benefits Global Guide. The 2022 edition of the handbook provides a high-level comparative overview of employment laws and regulations across 46 jurisdictions around the world. Tilleke & Gibbins also contributed the Myanmar chapter of the guide.
The Vietnam chapter covers a wide range of typical employment matters, such as limitations on working hours, paid leave requirements, minimum wage, and health and safety obligations. In addition, the guide provides insight on a number of topics of special interest to foreign investors doing business in Vietnam, including the following:
- Mandatory contents of a labor contract;
- Visas and permits required for expatriate employees;
- Employers’ obligations for protecting employees’ privacy and personal data;
- Procedural requirements for the dismissal of an employee;
- Employer and parent company liability.
To read the Vietnam chapter, please visit the Practical Law website or click on the link below.