Joseph Tomkiewicz, partner and co-chair of Tilleke & Gibbins’ energy industry team, has contributed the Thailand chapter of the new Lex Mundi Global Climate Change Law Guide . Featuring contributions from Lex Mundi member firms from around the world, the guide responds to the rapid increase of interest in global climate change policies and related issues. The guide aims to help in-house counsel and concerned parties understand the measures and laws related to climate change policy in each jurisdiction.
Each chapter covers the following main areas:
- National policy instruments and ratification of international agreements
- Greenhouse gas (GHG) emission trading schemes, taxes, and other instruments
- Support for renewable energy sources
- Measures to reduce GHG emissions and improve energy efficiency
- Measures introduced by financial institutions to limited GHG emissions
- Other relevant policies, measures, and legislation
The full guide, including the Thailand chapter, can be accessed on the Lex Mundi website.