Franchising experts from Tilleke & Gibbins’ corporate and commercial group have contributed the Vietnam chapter to International Franchising, Second Edition (Release 5, 2016), a guide to franchising law and practice in 34 countries in North and South America, Europe, Asia, and Africa. The chapter provides an overview of the following main subjects:
- Market Realties: The state of franchising in Vietnam today
- Legal Framework: Qualifications, franchisors, franchisees, procedures, disclosure of information, agreements, competition law, pricing, compliance with operational manuals, restraint of trade clauses, renewal, assignment, termination, and business restrictions
- Intellectual Property: Trademark registration, license agreements, and enforcement
- Taxation: Corporate income tax and foreign contractor tax
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration, courts, jurisdiction, and administrative sanctions
- Alternatives to Franchising: Distribution agreements and technology transfer
International Franchising is published by Juris Publishing and edited by the Center for International Legal Studies, an Austrian-based law research, training, and teaching institute that promotes and disseminates knowledge among members of the international legal community.