Life sciences experts Tu Ngoc Trinh and Tu Thanh Pham of the Tilleke & Gibbins corporate and commercial team in Hanoi have co-authored the Vietnam chapter of The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Pharmaceutical Advertising 2014 (11th edition). The ICLG series, published by the Global Legal Group, provides multi-jurisdictional insight into a range of legal areas.
This year’s edition of the Pharmaceutical Advertising guide includes a special article on the use of social media in the pharmaceutical industry, followed by comprehensive analysis of the legal regimes for pharmaceutical advertising in 35 countries. Each country’s chapter follows a Q&A format divided into the following sections:
- Medicinal products in general: Governing legislation, definition of “advertising,” compliance and approvals, penalties for violations.
- Providing information prior to authorization of medicinal product: What are companies allowed to share with healthcare professionals before their drugs are approved for circulation?
- Advertisements to healthcare professionals: Required information and restrictions.
- Gifts and financial incentives: Regulations on gifts, free samples, discounts, donations, educational sponsorships.
- Hospitality and related payments: Regulations on providing travel, accommodation and meals to healthcare professionals.
- Advertising to the general public: What is permissible, and what restrictions apply?
- Transparency and disclosure: Is there an obligation for companies to disclose details of ongoing and/or completed clinical trials? (New section for 2014 edition.)
- The Internet: How is Internet advertising regulated? Are there specific rules applicable to the use of social media by companies? What website security measures are required?
- Developments in pharmaceutical advertising: Recent changes in relevant laws.