Tilleke & Gibbins’ Laos office is pleased to publish a new guide, Intellectual Property in Laos: Registration, Protection, Commercialization, for business operators who are new to the country. The publication provides a useful introduction to IP registration, commercialization, and management in Laos, and covers the following important topics:
- Trademarks: Definition; registration; validity; cancellation; licensing; and well-known marks.
- Patents: Definitions; registration; scope of protection; validity; and licensing.
- Industrial Designs: Definition; registration; scope of protection; validity; and licensing.
- Copyright: Definition; registration; and validity.
- Trade Secrets: Definition; rights; protection; and validity.
- Enforcement: Infringement; penalties; and mediation.
- Intellectual Asset Management Program: Purpose and benefits.
To access the guide, please click on the PDF below.