In light of the increasing number of acquisitions and investors in the region as a result of Asia’s thriving economy, there have been significant changes in the regulatory environment, and this has had a significant impact on due diligence methods. Therefore, as a guide, forum for discussion, and knowledge-sharing event, Asia Business Connect will be hosting a conference on “Legal & Financial Due Diligence Strategies for Successful Acquisitions, JVs, and Strategic Alliances” at the Landmark Hotel in Bangkok on August 7-8, 2012.
Alan Adcock and Charunun Sathitsuksomboon, partner and attorney-at-law in Tilleke & Gibbins’ intellectual property and corporate and commercial teams respectively, have been invited to participate actively in the conference. Alan will be a key speaker discussing the importance and impact of intellectual property law as a key element for successful M&A and JV transactions. In his presentation, he will provide case study examples and cover the following:
- The importance of the current approach of IP due diligence in Thailand
- How to identify and value intangible assets
- Key mistakes to avoid in acquiring or licensing IP assets
- IP due diligence prior to commercial transactions
Charunun will be a panelist discussing the key risks and challenges in conducting legal and financial due diligence in corporate matters relating to acquisitions, JVs, and alliances. More specifically, the discussion will cover the following:
- Identifying opportunities and critical risks associated with due diligence
- Implementing the process of financial and legal due diligence in compliance with the standard regulations
- How to overcome hurdles when the process fails in our current economy
For more information, please visit the Asia Business Connect website.