Bloomberg Tax, a research portal featuring information on tax systems around the world, has published the Country Guide for Myanmar , authored by legal practitioners from Tilleke & Gibbins’ office in Yangon.
The guide is part of their repository of expert analyses of tax systems worldwide, which features in-depth information on the ins and outs of tax systems around the globe. This guide to taxes in Myanmar includes the following:
- An overview of the tax system and key government agencies in Myanmar
- Corporate tax computation and administration
- Corporate tax rates
- Corporate tax capital gains, losses, and group treatment
- Corporate withholding taxes on nonresident corporations
- Personal taxes
- Transfer pricing policies
- Anti-avoidance provisions
- Payroll, capital, property, and other miscellaneous taxes
- Special taxes for the oil, gas, and mineral extraction industry, and for the banking and finance industry
Bloomberg Tax provides intelligence across all areas of taxation, both in the US and internationally, and Tilleke & Gibbins also contributes the service’s Guide to Indirect Taxation for Myanmar .
For a PDF of the full Bloomberg Tax Country Guide for Myanmar , please follow the link below. The guide is also available on the Bloomberg Tax website (subscription required).