On January 18, 2022, Tilleke & Gibbins held a Thai-language webinar to clarify key principles of Thailand’s Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 (2019 (PDPA) for human resources professionals as the law’s effective date draws closer.
In the webinar, Nopparat Lalitkomon, senior associate, and Gvavalin Mahakunkitchareon, associate, in the firm’s corporate and commercial group jointly discussed the following items:
- Scope of personal data collection for the human resources department;
- Purpose of personal data processing and establishing the principle of legality;
- Notification of data collection and data processing in accordance with the law;
- Requesting consent from data subjects;
- Procedures of execution according to the rights of data subjects (e.g., job applicants, employees, and former employees); and
- Managing personal data collected prior to the effective date of the PDPA.
A recording of the webinar (in Thai) is available on the Tilleke & Gibbins YouTube channel.