The latest edition of Practical Law Company’s Doing Business in … Global Guide includes a chapter on Vietnam written by lawyers from Tilleke & Gibbins’ Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi offices. The popular guide, produced in association with Lex Mundi, the world’s largest network of independent law firms, provides the ins and outs of establishing and operating a business in more than 50 jurisdictions worldwide.
The Vietnam chapter covers the following main topics:
- Recent Developments: Notes on the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement and the fate of the TPP
- Foreign Investment: Restrictions, foreign exchange controls, and incentives for investors
- Business Vehicles: Common forms of business, registration and reporting requirements, management structures, and directors’ liability
- Employment: Labor contracts, work permits, termination, and redundancy
- Tax: Taxes applicable to employers and employees; dividends and royalties; transfer pricing
- Competition: Restrictive agreements, unilateral conduct, and merger control
- Intellectual Property: IP rights, registration, enforcement, and remedies
- Marketing Agreements: Agency, distribution, and franchising agreements
- Others: Regulations on e-commerce, advertising, data protection, and product liability
To read the Vietnam chapter, please visit the Practical Law website or download the PDF below.