Areas of Responsibility
- Handle litigation, prosecution, registration, enforcement of intellectual property rights and other case assignments.
- Analyze and determine the legal strategy in cases to ensure effective and successful negotiation, litigation, prosecution, registration, IP enforcement, drafting pleadings; prepare briefs and legal arguments; rehear witness testimony before a court.
- Provide a full range of legal services to protect and enforce clients’ intellectual property rights, including providing advisory opinions, conducting legal research, performing investigations, conducting discovery, liaising with relevant government agencies, negotiating with opposing parties, etc.
- Interview, select, and prepare witnesses, including experts for administrative hearing or trial.
- Argue motions and participate in pre-trial or pre-hearing conferences.
- Conduct direct and cross-examination and oral argument in proceedings before appropriate jurisdictional body, which may include jury trials.
- Review record and prepare briefs and oral argument in appeals to Supreme Court or other appellate body while preparing memoranda analyzing factual and legal issues and drafting decisions in proceedings.
- Design and implement business development and marketing plans for the Intellectual Property practice group for the Thailand office and the firm’s overseas offices in the region
- Regularly engage in client growth and business development activities
- Publish articles and make presentations that increase the firm’s visibility
- Participate in crafting proposals and pitching for new business from current or prospective clients
- Identify and participate in relevant conferences as agreed by partners/department heads
- Strong relationship with professional organizations relating to his or her practice areas
- Qualified Thai lawyer with exceptional academic background
- Minimum 10+ years of experience as a litigator in Thailand
- Experience in IP litigation/enforcement work in Thailand preferred but not required
Skills & Abilities
- Good command of English language
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to manage multiple assignments and prioritize work effectively
- Persuasive, articulate and confident discussing legal issues, transactions and strategies
- Effectively and persuasively present the client’s position and represent the client’s interests.
- Able to apply legal principles and draw on experience to develop strategies and solve problems that add real value for clients
- Demonstrate excellent legal and business judgment that inspires client’s confidence
- Ability to lead teams of junior lawyers and paralegals
- Ability to present information, including complex legal issues, clearly and concisely
- Demonstrate true commitment to achieving positive matter outcomes
- Strong business acumen
Attitudes & Behaviors
- Proactive, positive and energetic approach with a commitment to providing excellent service and a desire to interact with the market and build client relationships
- Exemplary client service ethic and commitment
- Responsive, flexible and adaptable outlook and approach
- Good team player and able to work and direct a team of lawyers
Please send the CV to: [email protected]