The firm seeks an experienced Patent Attorney (Mechanical & Electronic area) for its Intellectual Property Department in Hanoi.
- Preparing, drafting, and reviewing patent specifications.
- Conducting patent searches, patent infringement analyses, and freedom-to-operate searches and analyses.
- Filing patent/industrial design applications and reporting the filing particulars, publication progress, and registration progress.
- Responding to inquiries, including but not limited to new application procedures/estimated costs, renewal procedures/estimated costs, and other patent/industrial design-related matters.
- Formulating legal strategies, providing legal opinions and analytical responses to client and potential client requests for legal advice, and acting as the client contact attorney.
- Preparing and delivering presentations for associations, conferences, conventions, and individuals; writing articles; and participating in various conferences.
- Performing other necessary tasks related to IP and patent matters, and other administrative tasks.
- Translating patent specifications from English to Vietnamese
- Providing other translation services such as translating legal materials
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering degree in a relevant (mechanical/electrical) field;
- A law degree with Lawyer’s License and/or Patent Agent License is an advantage;
- Strong translation skills in both English and Vietnamese;
- Experience in translating legal documents, and post-qualification experience in drafting patent specifications is an advantage;
- Excellent analytical, drafting, communication, and research skills;
- Excellent problem-solving ability;
- Good experience in simultaneous and consecutive interpretation and sight translation;
- Strong commitment to client service;
- Proven record of success in identifying and capturing new business opportunities in the legal field;
- Strong case, client, and team management skills;
- High level of organization and commitment.
Please send the CV to: [email protected]