This position is responsible for conducting patent and design searches, filing and registration of patent, petty patent and designs, managing patent portfolios, and analyzing objections from patent examiners and other patent related matters. The patent agent is expected to have background in technical/scientific fields such as engineering, biology, chemistry, etc.
- Filing patent and design applications and reporting the filing particulars, publication, and registration progress.
- Conducting patent searches, patentability assessments, patent infringement, and freedom to operate analyses.
- Preparing, drafting, and reviewing patent specifications.
- Responding to client inquiries such as new application procedures/estimated costs, renewal procedures/estimated costs, and other patent and design related matters.
- Preparing and delivering presentations for associates, conferences, conventions, and individuals; writing articles on contemporary IP and patent-related regulations and developments; and participating in conferences in Thailand and abroad.
- Completing relevant work related to patent as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or above) in engineering (Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, etc.), biology, chemistry, biochemistry, biomedicine, pharmacy, or other related fields.
- At least 2-3 years of post-graduation experience in technical and/or patent advisory fields.
Skills & Attitudes
- Communication skills – have excellent written and spoken skills in both Thai and English.
- Organizational skills – be able to effectively manage multiple assignments and prioritize work.
- Research skills – be able to conduct in-depth research and gather relevant data.
- Service mindset – demonstrate true commitment in achieving positive matter outcomes for clients and be able to build and maintain client relationships.
Please send the CV to: [email protected]