Take primary responsibility for library circulation desk duties, including but not limited to:
- Responding to borrow requests, recording in-house use, and reserving library materials.
- Returning materials to their proper shelves and storage areas.
- Registering and updating new materials.
- Performing daily opening and closing procedures.
- Assist librarian to catalogue, classify, label, locate, and maintain library materials, including electronic resources, into the library system.
- Assist the firm’s staff to search online materials and instruct them to use the library system.
- Assist librarian to provide legal reference services and government document reference services to employees, clients, and others, including researching and monitoring legislative and regulatory issues of the assigned topics.
- Support the drive for knowledge management to improve and enhance client service and to give the firm a competitive advantage, working in conjunction with Marketing and Business Development to promote KM services and products.
- Assist with induction training and ongoing training on new tools for users of the library system.
- Gather evidence to support decisions about the development of future services and products.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Prior experience working in a library or holding a librarian certificate may be preferred.
- Knowledge of communication trends and technology. Working knowledge of computer hardware and software systems, including e-mails, social media, internet, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Research skills, including the ability to gather information, review, analyze, and interpret the information in a manner that leads to solutions.
- Detail-oriented with good organizational and communication skills.
- Strong customer-service skills, good public relations skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- English reading and writing skills are required.
- Interest in learning about legislation, regulations, and other legal issues.
Please send the CV to: [email protected]