- Reviewing, revising, and (as required) substantially rewriting documents in order to ensure clarity, accuracy, consistency, and comprehensiveness, with a focus on both content and style. Such documents include client correspondence, legal opinions and advice, and marketing materials (articles, presentations, etc.).
- Providing consultation, guidance, and recommendations to colleagues in regard to interpreting language and meaning, managing client expectations, and addressing a wide variety of sensitive issues.
- Working closely with lawyers in drafting/editing articles and improving them to the level necessary for publication.
- Conducting research in order to (1) confirm accuracy of information and (2) contribute new information and drafting of complex reports and memoranda as required.
- Periodically reviewing, analyzing, and providing recommendations on overall aspects of the legal departments’ communications, including style, presentation, strength of opinions/recommendations, and general approach.
- Reading a variety of publications in order to remain up to date on legal issues in Thailand and internationally, as well as ensuring all writing conforms to international standards.
- Monitoring the article-writing process; following up with the concerned parties to ensure the work is completed in a timely manner; and editing the work within the scheduled timeframe.
- Performing other essential duties as assigned.
Education & Experiences
- Native English speaker with excellent writing communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field, preferably in English and/or Bachelor of Law
- Prior experience in editing legal documents would be advantageous
Please send the CV to: [email protected]