The purpose of this role is to assist lawyers in advising Japanese clients; expand Japanese client based through various business development activities.
This position is open for Japanese nationality (relocate within 2021) who has long-term commitment to work in Thailand, with as-needed short term secondment to Vietnam, Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assist lawyers in communicating with Japanese clients
- Promote the firm’s business development across all offices and all groups
- Regularly publish articles and make presentations in Japanese that increase the firm’s visibility and result in new business
- Participate in crafting proposals and pitching for new business from current or prospective clients
- Identify and participate in relevant conferences as agreed by partners/department heads
- Effectively and efficiently manage projects and matters well
- Manage other administrative tasks in professional and timely manners such as time recording, invoicing, billing and cashing aged debt, matters opening, conflicts, etc.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities work effectively
- Persuasive, articulate and confident discussing legal issues, transactions and strategies
- Effectively and persuasively presents the client’s position and represents the client’s interests
- Able to apply legal principles and draw on experience to develop strategies and solve problems that add real value for clients
- Able to communicate excellent legal and business judgement that inspires client’s confidence
- Excellent written and spoken skills in Japanese and English and ability to present information, including complex legal issues, clearly and concisely
- Take full ownership of work with minimal oversight from partners, demonstrates true commitment to achieving positive matter outcomes
- Knowledge of general investment environment, basic law and accounting would be an advantage
- 5+ years working experience in service industry preferably legal, accounting or business development; and/or in a Japanese company, preferably in a business development capacity
- Work experience outside of Japan would be an advantage
The ideal candidates should work well as a proactive team player with effective interpersonal skills, logical thinking. The ideal candidates should possesses “Can-do-attitude”, enthusiastic, optimistic, open and objective toward others.
Please send the CV to: [email protected]