Your title will be Intellectual Property Assistant, and you will perform a wide variety of administrative duties and client work to support the Firm’s Intellectual Property registration and enforcement practice. You will report directly to and receive instructions from the Managers of Patent Group Vu Phuong Thanh and Nguyen Tuan Hung, the Firm’s Managing Director (currently Mr. Thomas Joseph Treutler), the Director of Vietnam Business Services (currently Ms. Vu Thanh Binh), the Firm’s attorneys, and/or others serving from time to time on the Firm’s management team.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Operating a computer, typewriter, photocopier, scanner and other office equipment, using Microsoft Word, Excel, and other commercial or internally developed software.
- Preparing powers of attorney and rechecking with internal records to confirm that old work is not repeated.
- Preparing patent/design applications (including patent/design specifications), and other forms and applications for submission to the NOIP and other government bodies. Keying all information into the Firm’s internal programs.
- Preparing supporting forms and letters to be used for submission to the NOIP.
- Maintaining a library of current NOIP forms and their translations, as well as a library of standard form client correspondence.
- Preparing various correspondence and reports to clients and the Firm’s management and staff.
- Assembling/arranging documents, making photocopies, and preparing government fees for submission to the NOIP.
- Conducting patent searches and preparing analysis of search results.
- Researching and preparing exhibits for invalidation proceedings, appeals and other filings at the request and under the direction of attorneys.
- Observing confidentiality of the attorney-client relationship at all times, and maintaining all information regarding clients and cases confidentially.
- Requesting or conducting conflict checks at the request of attorneys, or researching information on patents and their owners.
- Preparing all work accurately and in a timely manner, leaving ample time so that it can be reviewed by attorneys prior to deadlines.
- Establishing and maintaining calendar and deadline reminder systems for your supervisors. Maintaining mailing lists and other internal records.
- Recording time spent on matters on a daily basis.
- Calculating fees, drafting bills and handling invoices for IP services for individual matters.
- Observing and reminding attorneys of all relevant deadlines.
- Working closely with administrative and accounting management and support staff, and assisting them with their functions as instructed. Attending meetings with supervisory staff and colleagues as requested.
- Providing assistance needed to complete special projects that involve the operations of the Firm.
- Attending training programs identified by the Firm in order to ensure that you maintain and develop the job skills necessary to ensure peak productivity, career development and the Firm’s efficient operations.
- Other responsibilities as determined by the Firm’s management from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field, majoring in English is an advantage.
- Vietnamese nationality.
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Teamwork skill
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office
Please send full English CV to: [email protected]