This position is for a mid-level lawyer to assist clients and support senior associates and/or partners with corporate and M&A transactions, including conducting due diligence, advising on the appropriate structure for the mergers and acquisitions, and facilitating the drafting, negotiating, and performance of the contracts. The lawyer is expected to have strong expertise and legal knowledge in the field, and capabilities in rendering professional advice and managing complex transactions.
Areas of Responsibility
- Advise clients on planning and implementation of local and multi-country mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, entire business transfers, due diligence, foreign direct investment, cross-border transactions, corporate structure and corporate restructuring, and general corporate secretary/compliance.
- Assist clients with the appropriate structure for mergers and acquisitions, guide the client throughout the process, and negotiate and communicate with the opposing party and their counsels.
- Prepare, review, and negotiate transaction documentation relating to M&As and Joint Ventures, such as action plans and the timeline, MOU, share subscription agreements, shareholders agreements, asset sale and purchase agreements, joint venture agreements, shareholders agreements, etc.
- Conduct, lead, and coordinate legal due diligence reviews.
- Advise clients in public M&A transactions on relevant laws and issues, such as the Public Limited Company Act, Securities and Exchange Act, SEC and SET regulations, securities issuance, tender offers, disclosure filings, delisting rules, market trading rules, etc.
- Advise clients on various regulatory licensing and compliance issues, such as foreign ownership restrictions, BOI investment promotion, banking regulations, insurance regulations, customs regulations, telecom regulations, etc.
- Advise clients on the establishment of legal entities in Thailand, market entry, prepare applications for foreign business licenses and certificates and Board of Investment (BOI) promotions or privileges from the Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand (IEAT).
- Formulate legal strategies and provide legal opinions and analytical responses to clients, respond to inquiries, conduct management interviews, develop legal guides and complete questionnaires, and act as the primary point of contact for clients.
- Perform legal research when and as necessary to resolve legal issues, and to determine the appropriate course of action in regard to a particular issue/case.
Client Development and Managing Work and Relationships
- Take the initiative, and design and implement business development and marketing plans for the M&A practice group for the Thailand office, and the firm’s overseas offices in the region.
- Regularly publish articles and make presentations that increase the firm’s visibility and result in new business.
- Participate in crafting proposals and pitching for new business from current or prospective clients.
- Identify and participate in relevant conferences as agreed by partners/department heads.
- Take full ownership of work with minimal oversight from senior associates and/or partners.
- Effectively and efficiently manage projects and other matters.
- Provide superior service to clients and colleagues at all times.
Leadership & Mentoring
- Mentor junior lawyers and paralegals, and help them develop their legal skills, work management, and client relationships.
- Manage other administrative tasks in a professional and timely manner, such as time recording, invoicing, billing and chasing aged debts, matter opening, conflicts, etc.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to manage multiple assignments and prioritize work effectively.
- Persuasive, articulate and confident at discussing legal issues, transactions and strategies.
- Effectively and persuasively present the client’s position, and represent the client’s interests.
- Able to apply legal principles and draw on experience to develop strategies and solve problems that add real value for clients.
- Demonstrate excellent legal and business judgment that inspires the confidence of clients.
- Excellent written and spoken skills in both Thai and English, and the ability to present information, including complex legal issues, clearly and concisely.
- Take full ownership of work, with minimal oversight from partners.
- Demonstrate true commitment to achieving positive matter outcomes.
- 3-5 years of experience handling and advising on M&A strategic transactions, which may include asset and equity acquisitions and dispositions, fund investments, joint ventures, mergers, minority investments, and shareholders’ agreements.
- Experience in performing due diligence, drafting and negotiating transaction, documents, coordinating cross-functional deal teams, and advising business stakeholders/executive management.
- Knowledge of mergers and acquisitions transactions and drafting relevant documents/agreements.
- Able to lead closings and handle due diligence for deals.
- Knowledge of a broad range of legal topics impacting corporate transactions.
Attitude & Behavior
- Proactive, positive and energetic approach with a commitment to providing excellent service, and a desire to interact with the market and build client relationships.
- Strong consultant mindset, including a responsive, flexible and adaptable outlook and approach.
- Resilient, autonomous and highly credible, with strong business acumen and exemplary client service ethics and commitment.
Please send the CV to: [email protected]