This position is to initiate, engage, and develop the firm’s relationships with existing and prospective Chinese clients to generate business opportunity. Additionally, the person is expected to have legal knowledge and capabilities in rendering professional advice and managing legal issues.
Areas of Responsibility
- Assist the firm’s lawyers (Intellectual Property Department, Corporate & Commercial Department, Dispute Resolution Department, and all offices) in legal work on client matters.
- Plan and execute business development initiatives for Chinese-speaking clients, including liaising with potential clients and law firms, preparing fee proposals in Chinese, setting up and operating the firm’s WeChat corporate account, participating in relevant organizations and networking events, etc.
- Work and collaborate with Marketing & Business Development Department to implement their plans as appropriate for Chinese clients.
- Carry out English-Chinese translation for legal updates, articles, and documents.
- Travel for client visits, conferences, and events, as required.
- Provide prompt and professional service to clients and colleagues at all times.
- Effectively and efficiently manage projects and matters well with minimal oversight from supervisors.
- Perform other necessary and required tasks related to China Desk matters and/or other administrative tasks.
- PRC nationality.
- Bachelor of Law from a reputable university in China.
- Native Chinese language skills and especially strong English language skills are both required (TOEIC score of 950 or above preferred).
- Minimum of 3 years of legal and/or business development experience in a bilingual (Chinese and English) workplace, preferably in a professional services, consulting, or other B2B environment.
- Knowledge in market analysis and research.
Please send the CV to: [email protected]