This position is for an intellectual property lawyer to assist clients with legal issues related to trademark. The lawyer is expected to have strong expertise and legal knowledge in the field and capabilities in rendering professional advice and managing complex legal issues.
Areas of Responsibility
- Respond to inquiries, including, but not limited to, new application procedures/estimated costs, renewal procedures/estimated costs, and other trademark-related matters.
- Conduct trademark searches and give opinion of the registrability of marks or any recommendation to get the marks registered.
- Prepare the necessary forms for execution by clients in respect of any instructions.
- File trademark applications and report filing particulars, publication progress, and registration progress to clients.
- Report to clients and provide recommendations in case of Office Actions.
- Prepare documents for and assist in opposition proceedings/cancellation actions.
- Formulate legal strategies, provide legal opinions and analytical responses to client and potential client requests for legal advice, and act as the client contact attorney.
- Perform other necessary and required tasks related to Intellectual Property matters and/or other administrative tasks.
Client Development and Managing Work and Relationships
- Take initiative, design, and implement business development and marketing plans for the Intellectual Property practice group for Thailand office and the firm’s overseas offices in the region.
- Regularly publish articles and make presentations that increase the firm’s visibility and result in new business.
- Participate in crafting proposals and pitching for new business from current or prospective clients.
- Identify and participate in relevant conferences as agreed by partners/department heads.
- Take full ownership of work with minimal oversight from partners.
- Effectively and efficiently manage projects and matters well.
- Provide superior service to clients and colleagues at all times.
- Manage other administrative tasks in professional and timely manners such as time recording, invoicing, billing, and chasing aged debt, matter opening, conflicts, etc.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities work effectively.
- Persuasive, articulate and confident discussing legal issues, transactions, and strategies.
- Effectively and persuasively present the client’s position and represent the client’s interests.
- Able to apply legal principles and draw on experience to develop strategies and solve problems that add real value for clients.
- Demonstrate excellent legal and business judgment that inspires client’s confidence.
- Excellent written and spoken skills in both Thai and English and ability to present information, including complex legal issues, clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrate true commitment to achieving positive matter outcomes.
Experience & Knowledge
- Knowledge in Intellectual Property Law and able to handle matters related to the field, particularly trademark.
- 2-3 years of experience in legal practice related to Intellectual Property Law and/or trademark preferred.
- Experience in conducting legal research and drawing legal conclusions.
Attitudes & Behaviors
- Proactive, positive, and energetic approach with a commitment to providing excellent service and a desire to interact with the market and build client relationships.
- Strong consultant mindset, including a responsive, flexible and adaptable outlook and approach.
- Resilient, autonomous, and highly credible, with strong business acumen and exemplary client service ethic and commitment.
Please send the CV to: [email protected]