This position is for an intellectual property lawyer to assist clients with legal issues related to intellectual property. The lawyer is expected to have strong expertise and legal knowledge in the field and capabilities in rendering professional advice and managing complex legal issues.
Areas of Responsibility
- Prepare, review, and handle all aspects of legal advice on intellectual property protection to clients, including, but not limited to, filing, amendment, disclaimer, and renewal of trademark and patent applications with concerned government agencies to receive maximum protection under the law and other assignments from matter inception to completion.
- File appeal to the Trademark Board and complaint to the IP & IT Court; produce Cease-and-Desist letters and negotiate with opposing parties; liaise with government agencies and private sectors; and coordinate with foreign associates for international trademark and patent applications.
- Advise both domestic and international clients on IP related matters in a wide range of industries.
- Formulate legal strategies, provide legal opinions and analytical responses to client and potential client requests for legal advice, and act as the client contact attorney.
- Perform other necessary and required tasks related to Intellectual Property matters and/or other administrative tasks.
Client Development and Managing Work and Relationships
- Take initiative, design, and implement business development and marketing plans for the Intellectual Property practice group for Thailand office and the firm’s overseas offices in the region.
- Regularly publish articles and make presentations that increase the firm’s visibility and result in new business.
- Participate in crafting proposals and pitching new business from current or prospective clients.
- Identify and participate in relevant conferences as agreed by partners/department heads.
- Take full ownership of work with minimal oversight from partners.
Experience & Knowledge
- Knowledge of Intellectual Property Law and ability to handle matters related to the field.
- 3-5 years of experience in legal practice related to IP law.
- Experience in conducting legal research and drawing legal conclusions.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and spoken skills in both Thai and English and ability to present information, including complex legal issues, clearly and concisely.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities work effectively.
- Persuasive, articulate and confident discussing legal issues, transactions, and strategies.
- Effectively and persuasively present the client’s position and represent the client’s interests.
- Able to apply legal principles and draw on experience to develop strategies and solve problems that add real value for clients.
- Demonstrate excellent legal and business judgment that inspires client’s confidence.
- Demonstrate true commitment to achieving positive matter outcomes.
Please send full English CV to: [email protected]