Areas of Responsibility
- Prepare, review, and handle all aspects of investment promotion by Board of Investment, including but not limited to conducting BOI legal compliance audit, application for BOI promotion, post-implementation support to fulfill BOI conditions and other assignments from matter inception to completion.
- Provide legal advice for clients on alternative solutions for foreign business expansion to Thailand or existing businesses to comply with Foreign Business Act and related regulations and other regulatory advice, including anti-money laundering, banking regulations, securities regulations, and general compliance matters.
- Advise clients on corporate and commercial laws such as company formation and dissolution, options for shareholding structures to setup foreign majority owned company in Thailand, registered office, capital, profit repatriation, labor, necessary permits and license requirements, company secretary work such as shareholder meeting and report filing as well as prepare, attend, and support board of directors meeting, shareholder meeting, and minute preparation.
- Conduct legal research on complex issues such as corporate structure, foreign ownership solutions, regulatory licensing, etc.
- Advise clients in applying for approvals or licenses such as work permit and visa, factory licenses, and others.
- Perform other assigned legal work in corporate and/or commercial areas.
- Formulate legal strategies, provide legal opinions and analytical responses to clients, and act as the primary point of contact for clients.
Client Development and Work and Relationships Management
- Take initiative in designing and implementing business development and marketing plans for Corporate & Commercial practice group for Thailand office and the firm’s overseas offices in the region.
- Regularly publish articles and give presentations that increase the firm’s visibility, which results in new business opportunities.
- Participate in crafting proposals and pitch for new business from current or prospective clients.
- Identify and participate in relevant conferences as agreed partner(s)/department heads.
- Take full ownership of work with minimal oversight from partner(s).
- Effectively and efficiently manage projects and matters well.
- Manage other administrative tasks in professional and timely manners such as time recording, invoicing, billing and chasing aged-debt, matter opening, conflicts of interest, etc.
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 3-5 years of experience in corporate and/or commercial legal works.
- Experience in dealing with BOI required.
- Experience in conducting legal research and drawing legal conclusions.
Skills & Attitudes
- Communication skills – have excellent written and spoken skills in both Thai and English.
- Organizational skills – be able to effectively manage multiple assignments and prioritize work.
- Persuasion skills – be able to confidently persuade, articulate, and discuss legal issues, transactions, and strategies.
- Legal mindset – be able to apply legal principles and draw on experience to develop legal strategies and solve legal problems.
- Service mindset – demonstrate true commitment in achieving positive matter outcomes for clients and be able to build and maintain client relationships.
- Commercial thinking – possess strong business acumen, keep up to date with market trends, and be able to identify business opportunities for the firm.
Please send full English CV to: [email protected]