This position is for a key senior lawyer to lead and develop capital markets practice group covering full ranges of capital market products and securities transactions (including securities issuance and IPOs) as well as digital assets of all types. The lawyer is expected to have strong expertise and legal knowledge in the field and capabilities in rendering professional advice and managing complex transactions.
Areas of Responsibility
- Advises clients on various types of capital markets products, such as debt and equity securities, derivatives, trusts and investment funds, including securities businesses, asset management, investment advisory, fund management, private equity, and securitization
- Advises and processes application and filings related to capital markettransactions, e.g., securities offerings (both local and cross-border), IPOs, tender offer and M&A, disclosure reports, corporate registration and compliance matters for public companies, exchange trading rules, listing and delisting, corporate governance and ESG
- Drafts, reviews contracts and negotiates complex deals, prepares all legal documentation relating to capital markets transactions, securities filings, mutual fund setup, registration statements, prospectus, term sheets, annual reports, etc.
- Provides legal advice and guidance on legislative, regulatory and market practice and forthcoming legal developments
- Provides advice on digital assets (including cryptocurrency and digital token), regulated digital assets businesses and transactions, exchange, trading platform, and marketplace
- Coordinates with clients and other stakeholders, including financial advisor, auditor, regulators (SEC and SET), shareholders and directors, etc.
- Formulates legal strategies, provides legal opinions and analytical responses to clients, responds to inquiries, develops legal guide and completes questionnaire and acting as the primary point of contact for clients
- Performs legal research when and as necessary to resolve legal issues and determine the appropriate course of action regarding a particular issue/case
Client Development and Managing Work and Relationships
- Takes initiative, designs and implements business development and marketing plans for capital market practice group for Thailand office and the firm’s overseas offices in the region
- Regularly publishes articles and makes presentations that increase the firm’s visibility and result in new business
- Participates in crafting proposals and pitching for new business from current or prospective clients
- Identifies and participates in relevant conferences as agreed by partners/department heads
- Takes full ownership of work with minimal oversight from partners
- Effectively and efficiently manages projects and matters well
- Mentors other associates and help them develop legal skills, work management, and client relationship
- Manages other administrative tasks in professional and timely manners such as time recording, invoicing, billing and chasing aged debt, matter opening, conflicts, etc.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities work effectively
- Persuasive, articulate and confident discussing legal issues, transactions and strategies
- Effectively and persuasively presents the client’s position and represents the client’s interests.
- Able to apply legal principles and draw on experience to develop strategies and solve problems that add real value for clients
- Demonstrates excellent legal and business judgment that inspires client’s confidence
- Excellent written and spoken skills in both Thai and English and ability to present information, including complex legal issues, clearly and concisely.
- Takes full ownership of work with minimal oversight from partners. Demonstrates true commitment to achieving positive matter outcomes
- 6+ years of demonstrated capital markets experience, which include equity and debt capital markets deals, mergers & acquisitions, IPOs and high yield experience preferred
- Knowledge in capital markets laws and regulations concerning public limited companies, securities and exchange, derivatives, trust, trading and listing rules, digital asset laws, corporate governance and ESG principles, including relevant market practices in IPOs, securities issuance, tender offer, etc.
Attitudes & Behaviors
- Proactive, positive and energetic approach with a commitment to providing excellent service and a desire to interact with the market and build client relationships
- Strong consultant mindset, including a responsive, flexible and adaptable outlook and approach
- Resilient, autonomous and highly credible, with strong business acumen and exemplary client service ethic and commitment
Please send the CV to: [email protected]