This position is for a key senior lawyer to assist partner(s) in intellectual property enforcement. The lawyer is expected to have strong expertise and legal knowledge in intellectual property law and regulations and capabilities in rendering professional advice and managing complex cases.
Areas of Responsibility
- Handle registration, prosecution, and enforcement of intellectual property rights and other case assignments.
- Provide a full range of legal services to protect and enforce clients’ intellectual property rights, including providing advisory opinions, conducting legal research, performing investigations, conducting discovery, liaising with relevant government agencies, etc.
- Advise both domestic and international clients on IP enforcement matters in a wide range of industries.
- Perform legal research when and as necessary to resolve legal issues and determine the appropriate course of action regarding a particular issue/case.
Client Development and Work and Relationships Management
- Take initiative in designing and implementing business development and marketing plans for intellectual property practice group for Thailand office and the firm’s overseas offices in the region.
- Regularly publish articles and give presentations that increase the firm’s visibility, which results in new business opportunities.
- Participate in crafting proposals and pitch for new business from current or prospective clients.
- Identify and participate in relevant conferences as agreed partner(s)/department heads.
- Take full ownership of work with minimal oversight from partner(s).
- Effectively and efficiently manage projects and matters well.
- Mentor associates and help them in developing legal skills, work management, and client relationships.
- Manage other administrative tasks in professional and timely manners such as time recording, invoicing, billing and chasing aged-debt, matter opening, conflicts of interest, etc.
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of intellectual property law.
- At least 8-10 years of demonstrated intellectual property law/enforcement experience.
Skills & Attitudes
- Communication skills – have excellent written and spoken skills in both Thai and English.
- Organizational skills – be able to effectively manage multiple assignments and prioritize work.
- Persuasion skills – be able to confidently persuade, articulate, and discuss legal issues, transactions, and strategies.
- Legal mindset – be able to apply legal principles and draw on experience to develop legal strategies and solve legal problems.
- Service mindset – demonstrate true commitment in achieving positive matter outcomes for clients and be able to build and maintain client relationships.
- Commercial thinking – possess strong business acumen, keep up to date with market trends, and be able to identify business opportunities for the firm.
Please send the CV to: [email protected]