Areas of Responsibility
- Advising clients on IP matters according to the laws and regulations of Myanmar.
- Reviewing and analyzing newly assigned and existing matters in order to provide an appropriate legal representation until the matter is concluded.
- Drafting all necessary documents to provide legal representation to clients and directing them through the appropriate office procedures to produce final documents.
- Performing necessary legal research using all available resources, including libraries and computer data systems.
- Preparing, reviewing, and handling all types of agreements related to IP matters.
- Advising and communicating regularly with clients regarding the status of their matters.
- Handling cases independently from initiation through completion.
- Formulating legal strategies, providing legal opinions and analytical response to clients’ requests for legal advice, and acting as the primary point of contact for clients.
- Developing a business network and performing assigned administrative matters, including billing and collection of fees for legal work performed.
Client Development and Managing Work and Relationships
- Take initiative, design, and implement business development and marketing plans for Yangon office and the firm’s overseas offices in the region.
- Regularly publish articles and make presentations that increase the firm’s visibility and result in new business.
- Participate in crafting proposals and pitching for new business from current or prospective clients.
- Identify and participate in relevant conferences as agreed by partners and/or department heads.
- Take full ownership of work with minimal oversight from partners.
- Effectively and efficiently manage projects and matters well.
- Provide superior service to clients and colleagues at all times.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and spoken skills in both Burmese and English and ability to present information, including complex legal issues, clearly and concisely.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities work effectively.
- Persuasive, articulate and confident discussing legal issues, transactions, and strategies.
- Effectively and persuasively present the client’s position and represent the client’s interests.
- Able to apply legal principles and draw on experience to develop strategies and solve problems that add real value for clients.
- Demonstrate excellent legal and business judgment that inspires client’s confidence.
- Demonstrate true commitment to achieving positive matter outcomes.
Education and Experience
- Two or more years of post-qualification experience in general law practice in Myanmar. Lawyers with experience in more than one jurisdiction will be accorded preference.
- Postgraduate level of education in law.
Attitudes & Behaviors
- Proactive, positive, and energetic approach with a commitment to providing excellent service and a desire to interact with the market and build client relationships.
- Strong consultant mindset, including a responsive, flexible, and adaptable outlook and approach.
- Resilient, autonomous, and highly credible, with strong business acumen and exemplary client service ethic and commitment.
Please send the CV to: [email protected]