We are seeking for junior, mid-level, and senior associates to assist partner(s) in developing our Corporate M&A practice group.
Areas of Responsibility
- Advise clients on corporate and commercial laws such as company formation and dissolution, options for shareholding structures to setup foreign majority owned company in Thailand, registered office, capital, profit repatriation, labor, necessary permits and license requirements, company secretary work such as shareholder meeting and report filing as well as prepare, attend, and support board of directors meeting, shareholder meeting, and minute preparation.
- Manage Mergers and Acquisition transactions, conduct and facilitate legal due diligence and provide legal advice to identify potential legal risks for M&A projects for various industries, e.g. banking and finance, etc., including the projects involving listed companies.
- Create comprehensive implementation checklists identifying all actions that must be taken and documents to be delivered in connection with the transaction.
- Provide legal advice for clients on alternative solutions for foreign business expansion to Thailand or existing businesses to comply with Foreign Business Act and related regulations and other regulatory advice, including anti-money laundering, banking regulations, securities regulations, and general compliance matters.
- Prepare, review, and handle all aspects of investment promotion by Board of Investment including but not limited to conducting BOI legal compliance audit, application for BOI promotion, post-implementation support to fulfill BOI conditions and other assignments from matter inception to completion.
- Draft, review, and negotiate principal transactional and commercial contracts for every aspects of deal cycle, such as term sheet, heads of term, sale and purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreement, entire business transfer agreements, joint venture agreements, memorandum of understandings, transactional documents necessary to consummate M&A transactions, land lease agreements, and other legal documents to support the post-merger integration processes for the transaction, etc.
Client Development and Work and Relationships Management
- Take initiative in designing and implementing business development and marketing plans for Corporate M&A practice group for Thailand office and the firm’s overseas offices in the region.
- Regularly publish articles and give presentations that increase the firm’s visibility, which results in new business opportunities.
- Participate in crafting proposals and pitch for new business from current or prospective clients.
- Identify and participate in relevant conferences as agreed partner(s)/department heads.
- Take full ownership of work with minimal oversight from partner(s).
- Effectively and efficiently manage projects and matters well.
- Manage other administrative tasks in professional and timely manners such as time recording, invoicing, billing and chasing aged-debt, matter opening, conflicts of interest, etc.
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge and experience in Corporate M&A legal works.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated Corporate M&A experience for mid-level associate and at least 8-10 years of experience for senior associate level.
Skills & Attitudes
- Communication skills – have excellent written and spoken skills in both Thai and English.
- Organizational skills – be able to effectively manage multiple assignments and prioritize work.
- Persuasion skills – be able to confidently persuade, articulate, and discuss legal issues, transactions, and strategies.
- Legal mindset – be able to apply legal principles and draw on experience to develop legal strategies and solve legal problems.
- Service mindset – demonstrate true commitment in achieving positive matter outcomes for clients and be able to build and maintain client relationships.
- Commercial thinking – possess strong business acumen, keep up to date with market trends, and be able to identify business opportunities for the firm.
Please send the CV to: [email protected]